My Favorite Hobby

When I was younger I used to visit my grandmother every so often with my siblings. It was always a fun time hanging out there with her and our grandpa. We would always help with chores, go sledding in the winter, plant seeds in the garden, swing on the swing set, and have adventures out back in the woods. But one activity that I loved the most, was when she taught us how to embroider tea towels.

I loved learning to do something so simple, but a pretty unique hobby. Not many people I know can embroider by hand so every time I tell people that I do and that I have an Etsy shop they immediately want to check it out. If I don't have a lot going on as far as work or chores, or don't already have an Etsy order I'm working on, I'll start a new embroidery project for myself or as a gift for a family member(: 

Now, I haven't always been very good at it. About five years ago I asked for embroidery supplies for Christmas. And man did my Nana deliver! She bought a giant pack of thread, hoops, needles, and iron on patterns. That's when I got to work to try and remember what my Grandma taught me all those years ago. It took a lot of practice, but it was so worth it because now I create many things, but mainly baby items for moms and soon to be moms. Those are the projects I love the most!!


It brings me so much joy sewing something that a little baby will be wearing or wrapped up in. I use pre-printed iron-on patterns for some things but for the most part I draw most of my work by hand, trace it with an iron-on pencil then embroider it. That's another way my work is unique because I put a lot of time, love and effort into making it as special and one of a kind as possible!!! 

So if you are still here reading about my favorite hobby, well first of all, thank you I appreciate your time!! And secondly I'll post a link to my Etsy shop so you can see my work if you're at all interested for you, or someone you know!! I'll post a link to my facebook group as well, that's where I post pictures of my most recent projects!! If anyone would like to email me or comment below that is fine as well!! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll be around for more posts!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/JTsEmbroideryGifts?ref=seller-platform-mcnav
https://www.facebook.com/JTsEmbroideryGifts/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Double-ended Makeup Brushes

Let's Glow Together

One of My Favorite Things