Staying On Track!!

Y'all it has been HARD to stay on track with eating right lately!! This new year has brought stress, and when I'm stressed I eat. ALL. THE. FOOD. I kept getting back to keto only for about a week to then get so stressed by Friday I just ordered pizza. THEN I got pretty much the worst cold ever for an entire weekend and wasn't about to get up and cook so I ate horribly. I'm definitely not condoning eating badly when you're stressed it is just what has happened with me lately. 

So here I am more determined than ever to stick to eating better and losing the weight I would like to lose!! My goal is to ultimately be at a healthy BMI and feel better about myself. Can I get an amen from those who know it's all about FEELING better?!! I'll make a post later about what I do as workouts but this one I'm making about a couple of the recipes I've made lately and have LOVED!! They are also husband approved! Haha

Cream Cheese Keto Pancakes


2 Eggs
2oz Cream Cheese (softened)
1/2tsp Vanilla
1tsp sweetener(I use Truvia)

Topping
1tbsp butter
Sweetener to taste
2tsp cinnamon


Blend eggs, cream cheese, vanilla and sweetener until you have formed a blended batter. Let sit for one minute and heat up a greased skillet. Pour enough batter for one pancake( the batter is very runny so pancakes come out thin) you should get about three pancakes from one recipe. Flip pancake once the edges start to dry.

For butter topping mix the butter cinnamon and sweetener and spread on pancakes while warm. Enjoy!! I really liked this recipe to switch things up from plain eggs every morning!!



Italian Cheese Stuffed Sausage


  • 5 Italian sausage links 
  • 5 mozzarella cheese sticks  
  • 1/2 cup marinara sauce
  1. Preheat oven to 400. 
  2. Cut a sausage down the side. Do not remove the casing. Put a mozzarella stick inside the sausage and press it back into its shape. Put it casing side down in an 8 x 10-inch baking pan. Repeat with the remaining sausages.
  3. Pour the marinara sauce over the sausage.
  4. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the sausage is 160 when checked with a meat thermometer. Each serving is one sausage and is 3g net carbs. Enjoy!!





Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Bacon Cream Sauce
  • 1 lb chicken breasts (about 3 large breasts)
  • 3 tbsp mayo
  • 4 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
  • 3 slice bacon, fried and crumbled (reserve 2-3 tbsp bacon grease)
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1 tbsp cream cheese
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • pinch of salt and pepper

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Pat chicken dry. Use a silicone basting brush to spread mayo evenly on top of chicken. 
  3. Top each piece with parmesan cheese and place in baking dish.
  4. Bake uncovered 40-45 minutes until internal temperature is approx. 160 degrees and juices run clear. (Our old gas stove cooks the chicken in 35-40)
  5. When the chicken has about 10 minutes left in the oven, begin sauce.
  6. Using a non-stick skillet, warm up the reserved bacon grease over MED LOW heat. Be sure it does not start sizzling or bubbling.
  7. Whisk in the heavy cream until well combined. Continue whisking until the mixture starts to foam up on the edges of the skillet.
  8. Add the cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Add last tbsp of parmesan and garlic powder and whisk until smooth.
  9. Toss in a few bacon pieces, making sure to leave enough for the top of the chicken.
  10. Each breast should be topped with 2-3 tbsp of sauce and a few bacon crumbles. 

Note: The dinner recipes aren't mine but the pictures are and they are some of my favorites(:


As always thanks for reading and stay tuned for more blog posts in the future!! I hope you've gotten value from this post and if anyone has any questions at all don't hesitate to email me!<3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Double-ended Makeup Brushes

Let's Glow Together

One of My Favorite Things